Join the PTA Today
Why should I join the PTA?
The number one reason to join the PTA is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help our school. Membership means you have a voice and vote. It’s a sign of support for the students and staff at MacFarlane Park.
Five great reasons to be part of MacFarlane Park PTA:
- Increase Student Success. More than 85 rigorous academic research studies conducted over 30 years prove that kids do better when parents are involved. Grades are higher, test scores improve, and attendance increases.
- Be in the Know. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school and how you can support your child’s education.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. The PTA plays an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs and social events – all vital to a school’s success.
- Speak up. PTA can be a way to more effectively suggest changes at your child’s school and in your community and to be involved in making them happen.
- Tap into a Network. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Benefits. In addition to supporting the efforts that PTA makes to enhance educational opportunities for children on the local, state and national level, joining PTA provides benefits to you! Business partners offer special discounts to PTA members. Click HERE for benefits from National PTA. In additional, there are benefits for Florida PTA members. Click HERE for more information.